Reporting to the Accounting Section Head, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for monitoring the finance and accounting operations of the CEM Cebu and Davao branches, reconciling accounts, and performing internal audits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and analyze financial statements of the CEM Cebu and Davao branches for submission to the Accounting Section Head.
- Monitor compliance of Cebu and Davao branches to accounting policies and procedures and prepares monthly compliance reports.
- Reconcile the company’s bank accounts.
- Handle the auditing and monitoring of personal advances made by officers and staff.
- Coordinate with external auditors and prepare audit requirements.
- Maintain a lapsing schedule and coordinate with the Administrative Department for any acquisition, sale, and retirement of assets.
- Review subsidiary ledgers to monitor the development of accounts and establish the correctness of account balances.
- Initiate correcting and adjusting entries for recording in the General Journal.
- Assist the Accounting Section Head in the discharge of accounting functions
- Participate in various initiatives and activities of the company.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative support activities related to the objectives of the section/company
- Graduate of BS Accounting. Certified Public Accountant preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in the same field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience in processing financial statements and internal audits
- Computer literate